Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What the hell happened to October 20th?

-Dary! (thats just a continuation of my last blog for you that aren't up with the HIMYM lingo) So we made it! 40 hours of traveling to get here and we are both completely exhausted but we're here! I don't have time to go into the details of the two days in airplaines and airports, but just know it totaly friggin sucked. We got in this morning and took a taxi to our hotel, which is tiny and hot, but it has a bed and after sleeping sitting straight up for two days all I need is a bed. We still aren't adjusted to the time change but decided to stay up all day and walk around, so we could sleep all night tonight. As I'm typing this Im actually getting bored of hearing my own thoughts, does anyone really care about stupid details like that? If not, I apologize, just pretend im writing some profound words right now. To be honest, my brain is still complete mush. I'm sleep deprived and in a new place, my feet are swollen and hurt, I'm tremendously sad and longing for my family and friends, and I don't have enough energy to be charming or witty with this blog entry. Sorry. I've taken alot of pictures but I don't have time to upload them but I will soon. We're in Kolkata for one more day and then we're heading to Darjeeling, which I am SUPER excited for. I miss everyone terrible. Thank you so much for your kind words and emails, I hope to have time to write everyone back soon.
Courtney- Holy shit I can't put it in into words right now how much that meant to me. I want so badly to write you back right now but I know you understand it might take a few days to have time enough to email everyone back. Just know that my heart is aching right now without you, I wish you could be here to experience this with me, but we'll have our day. We'll have our adventure. I love you.

And to everyone else thats reading, just bare with me. My next blog entry will have less about me, and much more about this fantastic journey I'm on. And there will be pictures.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! I've been trying to imagine every minute of the day what the two of you are doing, and it made my day to know you are safe, if not exhausted. I can only imagine what you must be feeling and thinking. It must be hard to believe you are actually there after all the planning and stress, but you are there, starting an adventure that we will all live vicariously through you. Know that you have family back home that loves you with all our hearts, and pray for your safety every step of the journey. We love you both!
Mom

Noelle said...

AHHHHHHHHH you are gone. I knew that would happen but still! Anywhoo I am glad you made it there safely. Ugn its cold here. I miss you and I'll keep you updated on mindless adventures here.

Liza said...

I am so glad that you are there now! and very impressed that your bags made it all the way there! i will admit that i was nervous about that!
i miss you both so much but am excited for you! did you notice that our internet-savvy (insert sarcastic snort here) kiki is up and running on the blog!? :)
anyway, i love you both and miss you ferociously. cant wait to hear more!

Kim said...

Hey Paige & Trevor. I am so glad that you made it safely, albeit very tired, but most importantly, safe and sound. I am so excited for you, for all of the new sights, the new smells, the new foods, the new sounds and the new cultural experiences that you will have. Know that you are loved by many people and are in our prayers.
Soak it all for all of us.
Dad

Kiikertins said...

well....boobies. i just figured out how to use this. go katrina with my non-computerskills...woo hoo. hope you well!!!

4Urth said...

"my feet are swollen and hurt"

They must be huge...
Dinosaur style.

:)