Saturday, November 29, 2008

CH-CH-CH-CHaaanges

Hey everyone!!! Thought I forgot about you, eh? Sorry, I actually have a really long blog I've been working on but it's just really hard finding a connection fast enough to upload pictures. I do have one I'm working on though and it will fill you in on the past few weeks. This unfortunately is another quickie to update everyone on what's been going on. For those of you who don't already know (and if you don't, watch the friggin news for goodness sake!) Mumbai had a terrible terrorist attack in the tourist area about four days before we were supposed to fly out from there to Bangkok. Also, protesters in Thailand have taken over the airport and they've had to close it down, thus cancelling our flights. Luckily we have been keeping up on all the news and found out with enough time to change our plans, so right now we're stuck on a beautiful beach in Goa. Awful, I know. :-) We changed our flight and now we leave on the 2nd for Singapore, and we will be backpacking through Malaysia and up to Bangkok. That means more adventures, yay! We will keep you all posted on any more changes and I promise as soon as i can there will be a new blog. Ill give ya a little teaser... we were robbed... we went on a camel trek... and I got food poisoning. Are you excited yet? Better be. Miss you all and thank you so much for al l the comments, they mean the world to me!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Paige, I cannot tell you how wonderful your voice sounded on Thursday. You and Trevor are so very precious to all of us, and I needed to know you were both safe. I so miss your beautiful face, your laugh..just being in the same room with you. There is a piece of my heart that goes with you wherever you are and I will not stop missing you until until you come home safely. You are making so many memories now that you will never forget and I cannot wait to hear you tell the stories as only you can tell. Please be safe and know that you are always in my prayers. Give Trevor my love and let him know how much I appreciate how he is there with you and taking care of you. There is no one else I'd rather have there with you.

I love you. I miss you. I adore you...and I am so very, very proud of you.

Love,

Mom

kiki said...

Ditto what Karen said!!! It was so
great to hear your voices on Thanks
giving and I gave a zillion trillion thanks that you're okay!!
On to more adventures in Singapore
Stay well, keep having fun but no
more close call adventures!! I send much love to you both and can't wait until you get PHONES!!!
xoxoxoxo Mom

Jenny said...

Thank you for the update Paige, and yes your mom said it eloquently. I hope you get better internet connections in Singapore so we can talk on IM for more than 3 mins before you lose power. Keep up the blog so I can live vicariously through you some more.

Kim said...

Paige, Hearing your voice on Thanksgiving, albeit voicemail was the most precious, sweetest voice that one can imagine. I only wish I was in range to talk to you as Courtney and I were in Sequim. Sounds like you will be holed up at the airport for awhile, but it will only add to your many stories and memories. Before you know it, you will be in Thailand. And thanks you and Trevor, we all are watching the world news more than we ever had before. As your mom said, you are missed, loved and the apple of our eyes.
Love, Dad

Emily Main said...

I've been anxiously awaiting an update. Although I just found the blog a while back, I was thinking about you guys while watching the news. How lucky you were to be able to figure out different travel plans before hand.

Good luck with the remainder of your travels! I'm looking forward to more updates.

Noelle said...

so nick teen (the tv channel) has been running re-runs of what I like about you. And I can't stop missing you. My life has been insane, I go to school full time, I live in Portland and I am still married. YUCK. but I am happy and I hope you update soon about your new year. Love you
Noelle